Tech Support banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PCI Device / PCI Communications Device / & I have an "Unknown Device" in Other Devices I have Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

·
Premium Member
19,742 Posts
If you are not having any problems with anything, then I would not worry about getting drivers. Sometimes windows just don't recognize something and won't give it a name, but the drivers are already installed. That said, you can go to the computer's manufacturer, search for the specific computer model, and make sure you have the latest updates.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I did kind of sort this out. I have two different sources of Windows 10. One is on a USB with a more updated versio of Windows 10. I did a clean reformat & the PCI device drivers were not installed. So I tried installing Windows 10 through a old DVD that I had & this has an older version of Windows 10 on it. The PCI drivers were installed with no problems through Windows Update which is weird

·
Premium Member
41,521 Posts
The more updated version of Windows 10 would have found the PCI device in Windows Update and updated the driver, it just may have taken a little longer. Nothing weird about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts