Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Every time i try to log into XP, it starts the log in process, flashes my background for a sec or 2 then starts to log me off. The only way i can log on is by "safe mode" and "safe mode with command prompt" "safe mode with networking" won't allow me to log on. now i tried to remove my network card from the device manager, but i notice there are other devices listed there that I can't delete. Has anyone ever delt with this???

Thx.
LoS

·
STILL Stuck in a treestand....
929 Posts
Haven't seen this and not sure if I can be of any help to you but I'll try. Is your computer on a network? Or is it just a single computer. If it's a networked computer give me alittle inside as to how many computers are in it and how it's set up.

As for your NIC card why are you tring to disable it? I can't right off of the top of my head think of why this would be a part of the problem. Now I'm not saying it's not I'm just saying I don't think it is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The computer is not part of any network. This is happening to everyone, even the computer's administrator account. You can only log on to regular safe mode with any account, but you can't log on to "safe mode with networking". With that in mind, i think its something with the network part of XP. XP was running fine on the computer, till one day, it started doing this. Nothing different was done to the computer. No new hardware or software.

Anyway of booting XP without any part of the network properties?????

Thx

LoS

·
STILL Stuck in a treestand....
929 Posts
Is you nick a part of the motherboard or a seprate card?

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Remove the NIC, or disable it in the BIOS if it's on the MB, then attempt to reboot and see if you can get in. If not, boot in safe mode and remove all the stuff from Network Properties, then reboot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tried that out already. The NIC is out right now. Theres 5 other items listed under network Adaptors, but i can't delete them because it says that these devices might be needed to start up.

LoS

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
I'd ignore the warning and delete them anyway. :) BTW, have you booted the CD and tried a system repair?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After reading up some more on what this issue could be, it looks like an XP activation crap. I upgraded XP and its working find right now.

Thx

LoS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.