Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought BField2 on the weekend because a friend got me started on it. I looked at the system reqs and thought no problem. Once I got it installed and updated I obviously tried it out. In the game not two minutes and al of a sudden the game gets minimized and a box comes up for the video card reading:

VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands.

After I get this message I get a box that says reboot to save changes in the game I would assume from hardware rendering to software rendering. Upon reboot no difference.

The new Star wars BFront 2 came out here yesterday and I grabbed a copy. That runs no problem. Any suggestions for my wasted copy of Bfield?

System Info:

Processor: Pentium 4A, 2.4 MHz 400 MHz bus
Motherboard: Intel D845WN
Ram: 512 MB pc 133 SD Ram
Operating System: Windows XP Home SP2
Video Card: MSI T-9200SE 128 MB ATI Chipset

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
It more than likely overheated, which caused the VPU (Video Processing Unit aka GPU) to reset itself.

I'd strongly recommend a new system for that game, judging from your specs.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Something that really worried me about your specs was '133mhz SD' are you sure? thats really not fast enough for bfield2, but to your issue, if your gfx card hasnt got a fan consider buying one they arent expensive or anything, i would have a look online for it. Newegg.com for US or Ebuyer.co.uk for UK, post back to tell me what you decided to do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.