Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my system 1.4 athlon, 256 sd ram, 40 gig 7200 rpm hd, and a geforce 2 gts pro 64mb

My card is made by hercules.

I recently came across the new nvidia 30.82 drivers and i decided that I would download those for my graphics card. The download and installation was a success and I rebooted my pc

After rebooting my pc I came back to windows , but the problem was it had the awfully tacky safe mode screen, it wasnt safe mode but it was what windows looks like before you install your graphics card.

I thought that was odd so I deleted my video card and restarted. After coming back to windows I installed the orginal drivers for my card and then restarted again,

Once again I come back to an ugly looking windows ........ I deleted the cards drivers and took the card out of the system and then put it back in.

So i changed the display settings to 16 bit color and 800 by 600, hoping that would fix it, no such luck when i came back to windows.

PLEASE NOTE- when i install the card and restart, windows does recognize that my card is installed and that my display adapter is the geforce pro.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME HERE, i dont want to resort to formating the computer which i fear is my only choice.

·
hey
10,189 Posts
Sometimes if you boot into windows in safe mode and remove the video card and monitor from there, that will fix the problem. If there is more then one installed under device manager, remove them all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.