Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I Just Got A WEIRD VIRUS AND IT IS RUiN MY LIFE HELP!!!!!

I just got this virus first off it locks everything but my mouse and then as my wallpaper a pic of a naked black dude comes up and a lil convo window comes up and this guy is talking to me and he aint a bot it is weird he says that he cant get rid of it and he like can controll my pc but only when i get online it is weird and i need ur guys help man i am so lost and screwed and i am runin Win/98 plus with a 56k connection i have no cluse i have run my virus scan many times and i get nothin i have searched every file on my pc nothin HELP ME PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry2: :bandit: :no: :dead:

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Hello, Ca_CoRN, and welcome to TSF. First of all, which antivirus program do you have, and does it have the latest set of definitions?

If you don't have updated virus definitions, you will need to update (probably by way of the internet) your definitions.

I would reccommend that you call your tech support and ask for assistance since they might be able to help with your "hostage" situation.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Go to TrendMicro's web site and run their online scan. It's free and it's always current. After that you know your system will be virus free.

Check MSCONFIG for start up programs. One of the nasty's lauches it's own setup program - if delete the program, a new setup is installed when you power on.

In XP, Startup is better controlled in the control panels, "Computer Management."

Still there?
What OS?
How do you access the net?

·
Registered
259 Posts
did someone say NAKED MAN? hahah

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Ca Corn.

I don't think that's a virus you have. It sounds like a website you visited has downloaded a sneaky little program in your computer and it is hiding out someplace in the registry.

I had a similar problem last year and although I deleted all folders containing the mischievous program, it would rewrite itself back.

What do you think guys? Is this what Corn might be experiencing? It would explain why her anti-virus is not picking the stuff up if she is updated with the latest virus definitions. Adaware does not pick this kind of program up. I think you have to search for it in the registry.

Inbliss:brush:

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Whatever it is (virus, trojan or otherwise), it is probably firmly rooted in the registry

·
Registered
21 Posts
well online scans wouldn't help you i guess, could be a hexed virus or so, first of all check the services running. if the virus is on the service he'll lunch when ever your computer reboot(list the services here, the hacker might gave the service some other name).
also , get a fw.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I am usually not a proponent of knocking the house down to get rid of a pest but in this case I'm assuming that your running your system without Adequate AV, no firewall, no spy-ware checks probably ever, and a limited knowledge of computer security and basic protection steps (you may use IRC or mIrc, download programs from anywhere, open attachments).

With this in mind its clear that your system has been compromised at a level which necessitates an immediate wiping of said system.
Translation: Your screwed and need to reformat that system PQD.

Once your format is complete you may want to wipe it again with an actual wiping program, if memory serves Speedo has a couple links to programs that will write 1's and 0's to your drive. Anyway once the format is compete I would recommend getting:
*AV program and keeping the defs up to date (most have auto-update)
*A firewall such as Zonealarm(http://www.zonealarm.com)
*An independent Trojan scanner such as Swat-it (http://www.download.com enter swatit into the search)
*Spy-ware finder such as Ad-aware or Spybot

Good luck in your decontamination mission. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Gee whiz Tech can you get anymore dramatic and scare the pants off Ca Corn?

Can we start with a process of elimination before planting the bomb?

Ca Corn, next time "naked butt" shows his face, go to ctrl-alt-del and write down all of the programs that are running. Send it to us and lets see what's in there. Of course, eh, I don'twant to be stepping on Tech's toes, oh what the heck.

Inbliss:brush:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
inbliss said:
Gee whiz Tech can you get anymore dramatic and scare the pants off Ca Corn?
Yes. :bandit:

Seriously I'm just saying if someone has been able to get this much control of the system even if you do end up fixing that little thing .. chances are other programs have also gotten in and are doing god only knows what to the system but not as loudly as his "naked guy" is.

... See I told ya I could. :tongue2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.