Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Gears of War onto my laptop with no problems, however when i started it, it gave me a message saying i needed to install 'NVIDIAforceware 163.44'. I downloaded and attemped to install the 163.44 driver from various locations (websites), however every time the installation starts it gives me a message saying it couldn't find any drivers compatible with what i was installing. Then when it exits, Vista then gives me the option to re-start the installation on recommended settings. When i do so a new error message comes up saying the installation requires a Windows Vista 32-bit operating system, then exits. But i'm running on a Windows Vista 32-bit operating system. Can somebody give me a link to an NVIDIAforceware 163.44 driver download compatible with my laptop specs or some advise on how to approach the problem.
Just as a side note Gears of War does run on my laptop, however there are lighting and texture inconsistancies along with lag spikes and general jerkyness to the game play. But still playable to some extent. I want to see what effect the 163.44 driver has on the game play.
My laptop specs:
manufacturer- Acer
model- Aspire 4520G (laptop)
processor- AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53 1.70GHz
operating system- Windows Vista 32-bit
gpu- NVIDIA Geforce 8400M G 128MB

Thank you, in advance for you assistance.

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.