Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have the following problem: I have two PC, one with a Geforce 2 mx400 and the other with a Geforce 4 mx440 video card. Both with TV Out, but the thing is that I can only watch videos or films with the Geforce 2 card as long as I set it up with the original (1 year old) Nvidia drivers that the card brought. If I update them or use the Geforce 4 card (with newer drivers) on the TV I can see the windows desktop or a game, etc, but I cannot see the video (I see a black window where it is supossed video should be seen, if I set full screen, all the screen goes black, but I still see the mouse pointer, nevertheless, when I quit full screen I see the desktop again on the TV without problems). I have no trouble with the sound. The OS is Win XP, the PCs are Ath 650 and 2400 w/256MB each. In all the cases, no matter what the drivers or the video cards are, the image is perfectly displayed in the monitor. I can watch films in the monitor, but not in the TV. Does anyone know a solution for this? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there,

I have the same problem. I just replaced my Geforce2 MX400 with Geforce4 MX440! Before I had no problem.

But with Geforce4 - black screen issue for me too. What is strange that on the PC the movie is running well but on the TV the image is black.

What could be the problem?!!!!!?!:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I got it

I activated the panoramic view in the Nvidia Nview options and now, although only in full screen, I can watch movies on the TV through the Tv out feature.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Matiasf,

Thanks for the tip. I will try this when I will go home. Very strange! You say that still, only in full screen mode is ok. Maybe there is another feature we need to activate!

If I will find out something new I will let you know. Where are U from?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has to work for you too, and as I only want TV Out to watch movies I have no problem having always the full screen on. I'm from Bs. As., Argentina. And you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fair enough! I'm from Timisoara, Romania, EUROPE. So, we are so far away but with same issues :winking:

Yesterday evening, unfortunately my HDD let me down. Looks like is damaged! DOesn't want to start and I hear a very strange noise. It was a Fujitsu one! I hoped that is a good one.:mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I fixed my issue with the HDD. But I didn't find the panoramic view option. What I founded is the Full Screen Option: Disable, Primary, Secondary. Can U please tell me in detail where is the feature with panoramic view?!

Thanks in advance,
Dage

·
Registered
5 Posts
I finally succeed to make video card work with my monitor. It is about a option in Nview Menu that shuld be enabled. It is about FULL SCREEN option: enable SECONDARY DISPLAY! That works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.