Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a monorail system with a AMD-k6 3d prcessor

I recently installed a new hard drive and when i installed win 98 on to it, I lost my sound. I also can't get my monitor to display in anything but 16 color and 640 x 489. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:upset:

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to Tech Support Forums tonyb071....................:D

Sounds to me like you need to install the drivers for your video and sound card.

Of course you need to Identify them first to be able to find them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It keeps detecting a pci multimedia device when I start up, there is no sound card on this system. How can I install the correct drivers. How do I know which ones to install??????

S

·
0 Posts
On the first screen you will see upon bootup there will be a string of numbers on the bottom left of the page.

Something like

2A59L-XXXX-XXX
Or
51-1506-XXXX-XXXX
Or
12/09/1999 i440LX

Write down these numbers exactly as you see them and post them here...:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I boot up I don't see the numbers you requested. It does show irq's, vendor numbers and other suff in a grid. The sound is integrated on the mother board. Please help, this thing is driving me nuts.:upset: :upset:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found the information you asked for. 03/24/1999-SiS-530-P5SS-ME0C-00. Its an Award Modular bios 4.51PG

S

·
0 Posts
Support for your board has been discontinued.

But you can go here for your sound driver. It is the seventh block down under C-Media 8338.

And you can go here for your video driver. It is the fourteenth. block down under SIS 620/530

That is if the motherboard shown below is yours.......:D

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.