Registered
40 Posts
All wrong. Stands for "Extreme Performance" *hint* "X"treme "P"erformance

The same thing goes for Athlon XPs.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
M$ is not that hip....:no:

I ve been to my share and probley a few other people share of M$ traninngs and I never saw Xtrem anything...the did show alot of slides with eXPperience spelled just the way it looks... But like every thing else it probley is a Marketing ploy to get away from numbers that date the OS...

If you find Xtrem Perfomance any where feel free to post the link...M$ site had the eXPerince logo for a while but it looks like they moved away from it

·
Registered
60 Posts
EXtended Problems.

I think they got away with the Year theme, because its not really Windows 9.X anymore and more like NT and 2000 (IMO).

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Xtremely Poopy :)

Im not really a fan of windoze, but I have xp on my laptop and it doesnt really give me any trouble except when the drivers for a new component are not "digitaly signed" (read not approved by meekrosoft empire) for use... you can still use the drivers but its pain in the :censore: ss because it keeps telling you that it would not work unless the driver is not digitally signed... :|

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
It stands for:

From the engineers - "Hey you marketing dweebs - how about not naming this one after a year! It's pretty @#[email protected]#$% tough to keep coming out with a new OS every year or two and if you keep this year scheme, people are going to come to expect it."

Marketing - "Oh, ok. How about NT5?"

Engineers - ARGH!!! (Gnashing of teeth can be heard from Redmond ... )

Marketing - "hmmm. No year, no NT, something hard to make fun of ... XP! Yeah, that's the ticket" Now, if our focus group can only think of less, than say, 200 derogatory phrases like 'eXPect something better" than we got a winner!!!"

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
think that was a way M$ is trying to squeez driver makes for extra $$....yeah the driver will work but we wont APPROVE it unless...

I was advised by tech support by Dell (hate em too!!) that if the XP driver is non exsistant or not working sometimes a W2K drive will work better...tried it once on my card scanner and I had to roll back the drive (blue screen on boot up) so who knows...

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Never aplogize....means you did something wrong/ worth aplogizeing for...:D

Thats why it is called a fourm:angel:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.