Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 years ago i bought this laptop, and 6 months ago its was very lazy, so i upgrade it to win7 and now with in 5 months its laziest then before, what i need is factory restore so i get back my original winVista which is in Recovery Partation hidden drive, in Manuel its says turn off lapy and then turn on keep pressing F8 there will be option for Computer repair, etc, but there is no such option while i do that, then i did some google search where it says turn of lapy and press hold (Zero) Numeric (0) and press turn on which will take u direct to repair, i did that too but there i get these options

Windows 7 Vista/Server (Pointer)
Windows 7 Vista/Server
Windows 7 Vista/Server (debug-default mode)
Windows 7 Vista/Server (debug-legacy mode)
Windows 7 Vista/Server (no slic-pointer)
Windows 7 Vista/Server (no-slic)
Windows NT /2000/XP
Loader Help
Use the up down keys to highlight an entry.Press enter or 'b' to boot...Press 'c' for a command line.

now i have Recovery Partation drive as hidden, and i have no idea how to restore factory Default.

Anyone who can help me?

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Did you just hold F8 in on boot or were you continually tapping it ?

EDIT...Just read a link which advised to shut the laptop down twice and prior to the next boot, hold the 0 in and then switch on - this may give you the correct Recovery Menu

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Just have a quick look at my Edit in my last post, but when I've reset my Tosh L450D and C660D, as soon as I switch on, I start tapping F8 until I see the white cursor at the top left of (black) screen move down a line.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just have a quick look at my Edit in my last post, but when I've reset my Tosh L450D and C660D, as soon as I switch on, I start tapping F8 until I see the white cursor at the top left of (black) screen move down a line.
i just tried this too its still takes me to the

Windows 7 Vista/Server (Pointer)

etc etc page

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How to: Recover your Toshiba Satellite M300 to Factory Default - YouTube

i have followed this link and this is also taking me to
indows 7 Vista/Server (Pointer)
Windows 7 Vista/Server
Windows 7 Vista/Server (debug-default mode)
Windows 7 Vista/Server (debug-legacy mode)
Windows 7 Vista/Server (no slic-pointer)
Windows 7 Vista/Server (no-slic)
Windows NT /2000/XP
Loader Help
Use the up down keys to highlight an entry.Press enter or 'b' to boot...Press 'c' for a command line.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Well, this is what you should be getting how do i reset my toshiba satellite pro p300-180 laptop to - JustAnswer if it has a Recovery partition.

If you go Start > Computer it should display the drives and the recovery would be in Drive D:

If it shows a Drive D: and the space used is about 8GB, then it's there - just have to find out how to access it.

I'll have a dig around on those obscure options to see if I find anything on them.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Is this your laptop or have you nicked it ? :smile:

Looks like you'll have to contact Toshiba "as for no Recovery Partition" as in the link I gave.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its my laptop going to sale it, so want to remove my Registered Win7 ultimate from it, all these drama is happening because of my win7 Ultimate

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
You must have overwritten the Recovery partition somehow when you put the personal files and the XP ISO into it.

Why were you saving a XP ISO when you don't have the activation key for an XP install ?

If you save the drivers to a flash or dvd then you could format the HDD and just reinstall Vista with a downloaded ISO and activate it with the key that will be on the underside of the laptop.

Just Google vista iso and there's one site in particular that will pop up where you'll be able to choose 32 or 64bit - whichever version you originally had installed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WinXp is also my Original, i made ISO because the CD was very old. and i do have key for it valid and on my own name registered 2003, my laptop has 3 drives C: D: and one hidden partation drive, it has nothing with D drive

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.