Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have a major virus, a system called system security suddenly came on my computer and is now telling me that i have 38 viruses...here is a list of what they say spyware, adware, backdoor, worm, trojan, and rogue...I Can Not go on to the internet or go to my control pannel or anything on comp or my control pannel that would help me.....when i try to open a program or try to do a disk cleanup it says (Application cannot be executed. The file ekrn.exe is infected. Please activate your antivirus software.) but i cannot get on the internet or access my antivirus software.....also ctrl alt delete does not work.....please help. thankks PEACE:wave:

·
TSF - Enthusiast
15,298 Posts
Hello

Maybe someone in our security forum would be able to better assist you.

At this point I recommend that you visit the Security forum.

To get expert help with malware removal see the link below. Follow the steps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/sec...read-before-posting-malware-removal-help.html

After completing the steps you will be advised to post a log for one of

the experts to examine. Please use the link provided to post the log not

back here.

Be patient and it may take some time for someone to assist you as that is a busy

section of the forum

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used to have NOD32 but it was a trial and when it ended i guess i downloaded a virus...now i can't go on the internet to download a program so that doesn't help...i also do not have a disk... is there any way to do it when i restart my computer??? this virus won't let me connect to anything...

·
Registered
19 Posts
if you can install avg free then update it, spybot update t, adaware update it. run scans with all three. if this doesnt work through in the reinstallation disk fromat and start over.

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
52,196 Posts
system security is a rogue application, designed to scare people into buying it.

If the machine has no internet access, use another clean machine and a USB stick drive to transfer tools to and logs from the affected machine. Be sure autoruns are disabled on the clean machine, to help prevent infection transfer

http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/techalerts/TA09-020A.html

Also check to see no proxys have been set that are not of your design

*In IE: Tools Menu -> Internet Options -> Connections Tab ->Lan Settings > uncheck "use a proxy server" or reconfigure the Proxy server again in case you have set it previously.

In Firefox in Tools Menu -> Options... -> Advanced Tab -> Network Tab -> "Settings" under Connection and uncheck the proxyserver, set it to No Proxy.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50...-posting-for-malware-removal-help-305963.html

After running through all the steps, please post the requested logs in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum, not here.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.