Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i play Soldier of Fortune 2 with my Geforce 4 MX420 graphic card, i get this error:

C:\DOCUME~1\HPAUTH~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER2E.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

:upset: :upset: :upset:

this is getting me mad, that i bought a new graphic card and it cant even work right on my system.

System Spec:

906Mhz (HP)
256 MB
60Gig Harddrive
Geforce 4 MX420 (graphic Card)
Soudblaster PCI 512 (sound card)
ADSL (ISP)

and WINDOWS XP

Notes: all drivers are fully updated Video- sound cards.... everything....

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ok,

Go to C:/ > Then Open "Documents and Settings", > (User--Your logged in name) > Local settings > Temp, ...........

So the directory would be:

C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\Local Settings\Temp

Delete that text file in specific............Close all running programs, and delete all other files, ...........It will keep on prompting you with a message saying you cannot delete the file ~DF........
Highlight all files that don't start with ~DF, and delete them.

Close all windows.............Go into Control Panel, (And you know how to get to the device manager) > System etc..........And check and see if there are any conflicts showind up under the Video Subheading...........

Another user was just having the same problem, And I advised him that it is most likely an IRQ problem because he is running more than one Video card..........

If you are also running more than one video card, make sure your Motherboard support dual Video Input.........

Do what I told you above, and let me know how it goes.

Best Regards,

DaTruMasta

·
Registered
403 Posts
Oh and I forgot to say........Welcome to the Forums :D

(I always forget to say it!.......and I end up doing a quick second post saying that!)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
delete them....they will sit in your recycle bin...dont need em after a week...empty the bin recove the MB...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
omg..

it worked fine for an hour, of playing, then it just shutdown SOF2... so i restarted it... and strted playing again, THEN as i was playing it locked up on me (screen frozed) and i could here wut was going on, but could see wut was goin on...
(so i quit and restrted SOF2)

THEN!!!

:upset:

i went to play it, not 2 minutes in the server, i get the SAME BS ERROR AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ever since i got this dame Graphic card it has been screwing me over.... i dunno *** is up with this.....X( :mad: :upset: :no:

now, the only thing thta may be the problem, is my motherboard... and i cant seem to find the brand or nething about it...

i have a Hewlett Packard Pavilion XL768:compute: :sigh: :eek:

im totally stumped.... (maybe its the graphic card?? i got a bad chip set??)

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Problem Id-ed :
i have aHewlett Packard Pavilion
I have the solution for your problem (I believe I posted it in another thread) :)

1) Turn off machine
2) Remove all connections to the Tower
3) Remove the tower from where it is
4) Take the tower to the highest point in your home/appartment
and throw it out the window.
5) If it lands on the cement where you can drive your car, run over it a couple times.
6) Head to the computer store and but a new machine that does not suck. To do this ... first thing you say to the salesmen is: "Dont try to screw me over" that way he'll know not to try to sell you antoher HP or Packard Bell.

:D Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ha ha the computer is fine, just with this ****ing Grpahic card it decided to PMS on me..................

BTW, i would be happy to do wut u said BUT I DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO DO SO!!!!!!!!!!:upset: :upset: :upset: :upset:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I repair HP and the pavillion cure is exactley at the tech put it...the only thing worse the the pavillion line is anything compaq...wait...ohhh:mad: X( :angry2: ...HP pavillion are entry level systems...if it is not a Kayak or Vectra...dont waste your money!!

IMO:angel:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.