Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wifes Compac lost the I E I downloaded a browser ( it took over and hour) when I try to install it it goes through all the steps then says a file is missing . When I click to fix it the computer closes out. If I don't click fix it the IE won't install. I went to add and remove programs and the MS IE wasn't there. That's the reason I'm trying to istall it. I have AOL but no webb. It ask to use a dial up but I don't use one. I'm trying to find the right registry or what ever else I need to fix to install it. I can't take it to the repair shop because my wife won't do without her AOL not even for 1 hour. She's been hooked on it for years. Any ideas on what I should try. The restore disc will open but not run when I click start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The IE was deleted by my son. No virus has been found checked it with three different type. Norton and whatever the other ones were. I tried going to uninstall programs and windows tab but when I open it there was nothing there, just a blank white screen. The last message I got when I tried to install IE again says missing APPS.INF Any other things I can try.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.