Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got an SY KT-400 off a friend of mine to replace an elite group cheapo mobo. i had an athlon 1ghz with 256megs of kingston value stuff and an ati radeon 8500DV. that system ran great and never gave my any head aches. games ran beautiful my adobe premier ran good and i was very saticfied with overall performance of my system. now along with the kt-400 i have 512meg of corsair xms pc2700 an XP 2400 and my radeon 8500DV. right away i noticed my 3D performance took a dump on me and its been two months and i still can't get it to work any better. all of my games lag and when i say lag i mean less then 17fps. and i have no idea what to do. please help me

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome splattershot.

Have you downloaded and installed the latest drivers?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oops i forgot to say the stuff i tried. yes i have all the latest drivers for all of my devices and the latest bios for my mobo. this in this thread i was hoping ot fid some one who has either had the same or a similar difficulty with some of the components i have and how they resolved there troublsome computer. but that is of course a valid question cuz meny people over look the drivers importance. thanks though

·
Registered
45 Posts
I wish I could help you.. This is one of those problems where a person would actually have to set down in front of your computer and check everything out. Probably something simple somewhere that needs to be changed.. I suggest you go through EVERYTHING... check settings for everything.. even the stuff you are certain are set right... because that might just be the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks man. im still in the process of doing exactly that. for the past two months iv been tring every different bios and driver setings i could possibly imagine and some random "i hope this works" adjustments. iv also been trying to see f my mobo by default underclocked my 8500DV by using tweak tool(ragetweak and powerstrip) with no success. i always keep the "its probly somthing stupid i missed" mentality fresh in my thoughts but this is realy gettin to me. again thanks for the replys, ill keep on trying and wait it out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here is an idea.. It seems alot of people have been having problems with their power supllies lately. Perhaps this new motherboard and video card requires more power than the old hardware and they just aren't getting enough? You might have checked it allready.. if not you probably should. Allthough I can't really say how to go about doing it.. Some motherboard bios' show the voltages of the motherboard.. might want to check that and then check the specs of your motherboard to see if it's getting enough power. If you can maybe take a pci card out that you don't necessarily need.. that will lower the power drain.. then see how things work. I don't know how to check if the video card is getting enough power though.

good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the post. i did consider that and my power supply is pretty weak but the voltages seem ok. ill have to bey a new psu and see if that work but cash is low at the moment.oh and i dont have any thin in the pci slots, its all onboard. ill try takin off a drive or two. thanks again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
first i tried only running my HDs to mabey get a but of the amps into my other devices and it didnt change. im going to try my buddies psu and see if it gets better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.