Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all

whenever i try to run any app i get an error saying

" the program has performed an illegal operation.... bla bla....".

or " error starting pogram"

or " could not initialize installation....excpected file size 78967878 ....bla size 45345345 "

i downloaded more then 20 apps tried them all ....only one worked

plz help...or i'll kill someone

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
First, stop downloading applications! If you've had several failures, it's time to step back and find out what's wrong with your environment.

When did this start happening? Did you change any hardware, install any new drivers, etc.?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i run both win xp and win98 se.

the machine was infected by a virus ( w95 ...spaces...somthing like that). so my win 98 se stopped working as it looks like the virus affects exe files and i had an error saying that my explorer isn't working and then it restarted.

my xp ran normally only all exe files didn't run....gave an error saying " .....isn't a valid win32 application" so i got mcaffea antivirus and it cleaned up the files

so the xp was workin fine and it was time to reinstall win98
...and thats what i did ... 3 times at least....:mad:

after it installs ...and runs for the first time ....i try running any program ...but it doesnt work

i didn't install a single driver (no sound ..a 16 color monitor)...and no new hardware

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cleaned up the temp files ...windows washer

scandisked and defrag would take ages on a nearly full 80 gig harddrive....isn't there any other easier way... anyway, how does that help??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Please do not post links to warez

·
Registered
529 Posts
RIGID said:
cleaned up the temp files ...windows washer

scandisked and defrag would take ages on a nearly full 80 gig harddrive....isn't there any other easier way... anyway, how does that help??
Do it overnight. It will be ready by the morning. Sometimes when you rearrange everything so that every piece of the file is "right there", it will have an easier time finding everything. Scandisk checks the file structure and the disk integrity. Either one of those damaged and that file is affected, it simply will never work. Damaged file structures will often kill almost all file functionality (as far as like executing programs and stuff, though you may or may not notice a change in your other files.) You're actually supposed to scandisk and defrag once a month or so anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info....

i'll defrag it tonight :D

however, i scaned again and i found that **** virus (w95. spaces) again

it was causing all that havoc

so i removed it ...most of the files are still damaged though

thanx again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status