Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i power up my computer my usb keyboard works fine. When windows xp pro starts to load up my usb keyboard stops working. my mouse has no issues. i tried to load xp and R and it did not fix my issue.
maybe this is a registry issue or Bios issue I need help here to fix my PC.
thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried a diffrent keyboard the keyboard works through start up but not when i am in windows xp so i cant logon. And i do not have any ps2 connectors on my computer

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
7,738 Posts
Are you serious? I have never head of a PC without a PS/2 connector. Is it a laptop or something?

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts
did you try another usb port? Does it work in safemode?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have tried moving to diffrent ports. in all it works but not when i get into Windows XP, by the login screen it goes dead. in safe mode in gets to the login screen and does not work as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same issue on my laptop. I've been on with support from HP (laptop) and they tell me that the laptop keyboard does not require drivers and that XP should pick it up. BTW it's running XP MCE.

I can't seem to get it to work no matter what I do. Any help?

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts
I'm having the same issue on my laptop. I've been on with support from HP (laptop) and they tell me that the laptop keyboard does not require drivers and that XP should pick it up. BTW it's running XP MCE.

I can't seem to get it to work no matter what I do. Any help?
you need to start your own thread instead of hijacking someone elses, possible solutions to you could mess up the other person. Besides it can get confusing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.