Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i hit ctrl+alt+delete my pc brings me to a windows sucrity and from there i normaly click on task maanager but now it wont let me and i am puzzled why it is doing this i have restarted my compert to find out it is doing the same thing

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
If you press CTRL - SHIFT - ESC does task manager appear or do you get the "Disabled by your Administrator" message?

The advise below should only be followed if you are not in a corporate environment where you may have an administrator who disabled access to the task manager. I mention this because most typical home installations of XP do not have the "Windows Security" dialogue enabled. If you are not in a managed corporate network, follow the advise below.

If you get the "Disabled By Your Administrator" message when pressing CTRL - SHIFT - ESC please:

1. Download this file to re-enable your access to Task Manager. Download and double click to run. Then click "Yes" at the prompt. This will restore your access to task manager but will not fix the spyware that caused task manager to be disabled in the first place.

2. Task manager being disabled is almost always a sign of spyware or viruses. Please click on, read and follow the 5 steps link in my signature below. This will help you determine if there is any spyware / viruses on the PC as well as help you post a HijackThis log which will allow the malware removal team here at TSF to help you remove what caused task manager to be disabled.

Hope it helps,
BMR777

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when i run it i get a registry editying has been disabled by your adminstrator so what do i do now because i dont have any virus's and or spyware

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.