Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and Help! I was on the internet one day and all of a sudden I started getting a bunch of pop-up screens. I wasn't opening any attachment nor was I downloading anything. I ended up rebooting and ever since then I boot into a blank desktop. No icons, no start menu. When I look at task manager the cpu usage is at 100% which explorer.exe is using up the resources. I can boot into safe mode fine but it takes forever to run anything because of the cpu usage is so high already. Where can I start to fix this? :wave:

·
Premium Member
8,701 Posts
I will move this to the Hijack this forum and one of our security experts will be able to help you clean the Garbage out of your computer.

·
TSF Security Team, Emeritus
26,363 Posts
Download HiJackThis - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer.
  1. Double-click on the file you just downloaded.
  2. Click on the "Unzip" button to install the newer version.
  3. It will by default install to the directory - C:\Program Files\HiJackThis\
  4. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose - Do a system scan and save a logfile.
  5. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit [Scan] and then click on Save log.
  6. Post the HiJackThis.log file here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Need more help!

How can I do this when I can only boot into safe mode? Please advise the best way to get this on my computer?

·
TSF Security Team, Emeritus
26,363 Posts
You can download the program using this computer which you're posting this reply from. Then save it to a floppy/thumb drive & transport it to the infected pc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.