Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone help me with this problem?

I just recently uninstalled Nod32 ESET Smart Security off of my computer after this problem, and I have no idea what is going on.

Last night I had perfect connection with my ESET working fine, protecting me. But this morning I woke up to being unable to access the internet. I uninstalled the Nod32 ESET Smart Security completely and now my laptop still states that I have a good connection, although anything that requires and internet connection to load [AIM, Firefox] will not load.

I'm willing to cooperate and I have a good sense around a computer but I don't know alot about wireless configurations.

Also, my router is a Netgear WGR614v7.

Is this a firewall problem? There are no more traces of Nod32 on my computer, although under windows firewall after I disable it, it says ESET Firewall is now disable.
Whats up with that, and how do I fix this problem?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks again,
Matt

T

·
0 Posts
Try posting this to the Networking Forum, I will have this moved right now so you do not have to repost :grin:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a similar problem, been trying various forums but nobody can help.

Basically my laptop wireless (after a year of being fine) suddenly can not load google etc. It says I am connected to my router with excellent signal yet I still cannot connect.

Have tried...

multiple/auto ip's/DNS etc
Unplugging the router
Fully reinstalling my laptop!
Turning off encryption in router settings

Nothing works.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Try this stack reset first.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.