I am new to this forum and hope to provide lots of input as well as recieving help.
I am based in the UK and run Windows XP Pro, i have a Belkin Wireless router and Belkin USB Wireless adaptor.
I have SP2 and prior to this, my pc worked faultlessly.
I had to move my pc yesterday to get access to something and i think i plugged my usb wireless device back into a different socket as xp found new hardward and asked me to install driver etc
Which i did, and then entered the network hex code.
Ever since then the small computer in my task bar shows a pulsating orange and status shown as :Aquiring Network Address although i could still browse the web,
I rang Belkin who showed me how to select a static IP and that works just fine and the wireless device goes to connected immediately.
BUT i have a Roku wireless media player on my network too which aquires an ip address using DCHP, like my pc used to do before it was made static.
I am worried that although the Roku works fine now, as my pc has a static ip that the Roku might get issued a new ip address at some time that conflicts with my pcs ip address.
I would very much like your help.
The only addition i have made to my system before this network problem was the addition of Microsoft spyware, BUT the network worked fine after installation, it was only when i moved pc and plugged in the usb devices again.
I hope to hear from you with advice.