Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Huge problem

864 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  roxer90 
#1 ·
Ok guys here is the problem. I could not really say it because there is not a name for it. Let me begin with the story

The other day i turned on my computer and nothing came up in the monitor. I thought it was the monitors fault because nothing came up. Then i tried to turn of my computer by pressing the power button. After 8 min the computer did not turn off. So i just pulled the plug in the back of my power supply. Then i stick it back in again and the computer AUTOMATICALLY turned on but nothing came up in the monitor. Then i pressed the OFF button to turn it off but it did not turn off. I left it alone for a day. The next day i plugged everything in and turned it on. It worked and i thought everything was fine but it wasnt. When i restarted my computer nothing came up again and it had the same problem as last time.
Can some one please tell me what is wrong???????????????????????????????

#3 ·
Did it post bios on bootup? or nothing at all on screen?

Is monitor light green or yellow when its frist turned on?

do you hear a click from the monitor, once the power button is pushed on?

Also one word of advice, please dont go jerking the power cord out of the pc.

Hold in the power button till pc turns off (may take up to a min).

It will turn off this way, only use this if theres no other way to turn it off from the mouse or keyboard.

#5 ·
OK. Look, Sometimes it comes up and when i restart nothing comes up in the monitor and the computer crashes. I try to turn it off by pressing the power button but that does not work. It wont even turn off after 10 or more minutes.
I strongly doubt that my monitor is the problem. Its not the problem.
I have a gateway gt5228.
vid card: Nvidia GeForce 6100
cpu:AmD anthlon 64 bit proccesor 4500+
Ram: 2 gigs of ram
i dont know whats my power supply. or what type of motherboard i have. and how do i find out what is the spec of my power supply?

#7 ·
ok...
When it does come on everything works fine. The bios works fine and everything works fine. When i just restart then nothing comes up in the monitor and i think everything just crashes.
What is cmos and how do i clear it. I think its something wrong with my power supply or i may be wrong. When it does work everything works fine. Everything is back to normal. When i restart or turn it off and turn it back on again thats when nothing comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.