Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok....My computer is in shambles. This is what I think happened. I recieved an email that read...."Mail not able to be sent to ****" The **** was the name of a friend of mine. I didn't remember trying to send him anything, but there was an attachment that I opened and it was just a jumble of letters. Well after I did that my computer started to randomly freeze in win 98. After a few reboots it started to happen even quicker. Than after a few more the computer would not even boot past the win 98 splash screen. NOW....I am lucky if any words show up on the screen when I turn it on. If I am lucky enough to Push F8 and try to start it in safe mode...it still freezes!!! I have many important files on this computer...is there any way to save it???? Is this a virus?

Regards

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to Tech Support Forums trouble...:D

Sounds like your in trouble trouble. And I don't stutter when I type J/K...:winking:

Do you have a virus scanning program on your machine?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Try this as well

If you have Nortan AV or McAfee their Installations CD's double as emergency virus repair disks, if you have one from either company you should be able to boot from it and then perform a virus scan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.