Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Resident Brat
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Y'all, I didn't knowwhere to post this so I picked here.....

I desperatly need some HTML help!!!!

I am fairly knowledgable but I have run into a problem and quite frankly I am about to pull all of my red hair out!! What a shame that would be!!!!!

Here's my predicament.....

I have created a blog * online journal* and I for the life of my red hair cannot figure out how to add my own template instead of that booooring thing they supplied at blogger.com.

Is anyone here familiar withthat or willing to help me? Pretty pretty please!!!!
I would be ever so thankful ;)

here's the the blog addy if ya need to see....

http://happyaroooostoyou.tripod.com/sealysjabberwocky

TIA

·
Resident Brat
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well you will need to create an HTML page you want and leave a space for where you want your blog to go.

Then where you want your blog to go put these tags:
---------------------
<Blogger><BlogDateHeader><$BlogDateHeaderDate$> </BlogDateHeader>

<$BlogItemBody$>

Posted by <$BlogItemAuthor$> <$BlogItemDateTime$>
</Blogger>
--------------------

You can probably tell what each tag does just by reading it.

so when you have your HTML page all laid out with your blogger tags you will want to cut and paste all the HTML, (from <html> to </html> ) into the template section of your blogger.

When you sign into blogger on the top left or so there is a template button next to the settings button. Paste yout HTML into that huge open space and set up your FTP info (sure this is all ready done). Then when you blog blogger will put it's text/code right where you put those blogger tags.

It usually doesn't work the first time, so be patient and try to work things out one by one. there is also a whole forum over at blogger.com about this stuff and all the problems/questions like this people have.

so check that out.

hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.