Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this laptop about 2.5 years ago, it was a decent unit. I used it for about 9 months, then within the same week, the hinges pretty much deteriorated to nothing and snapped and the back cover of the screen near the hinges broke, and on top of that, it wouldn't charge. I was so frustrated I ended up just getting a new comp, but I started looking into it a couple weeks ago and found replacement hinges and researched and found that most of the time the no charge is a problem with the AC adapter. I ordered both, and today I installed the hinges and hooked the new AC adapter up and the lightning bolt lit up, so I was ecstatic. I opened it up, pushed the power button, the screen flashed a little, all the accessory lights lit up, I heard the fan kick on, and it sounds like its getting ready to boot, then nothing happens at all. Never gets to anything on the display. It sounds like there is minimal activity in the HD area, and that's where I'm at now. I've already taken it back apart to make sure I reassembled it correctly after installing the hinges, but everything seems in place. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would allow it to at least put a little charge in the battery at least 2 hours on the ac adapter first without switching on

some machines that I have had that have not been powered up for at least a year show similar signs

after leaving the charger in for about an hour I usually do it overnight just to make sure

then try again

alos swap the ram modules around too

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Soccomm,

Thanks for the advice. I didn't think that would be an issue, but I will do that. I'm pretty sure I need to replace the battery, because after about an hour charge last night, it wouldn't even kick on at all without the AC adapter plugged in. Also, how do I switch the RAM modules around? I'm a novice when it comes to laptops really. Thanks again,

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.