Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, I just bought a new printer, the HP PSC 1610 all in one. I installed it and it worked fine, I aligned it and printed a few pages off, then when I turned it on the next day, it says theres an error with the right print cartridge and to remove it and check it. I have removed and checked it several times and it all seems to be fine to me. . I don't know why I am getting this error? The printer and cartridges are all brand new out of the box!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Make sure you got all the plastic tape off the cartridge terminals and look in the cartridge carrier to make sure there is no tape stuck in there.

You might just have a bad cartridge as well, even if new.

JamesO

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All of the tape is off, nothing is in the slot and it printed out 6 pages the first day, everything worked fine!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I would try a new cartridge, I have had a few of the OEM ones give out early, but not quite after just a few pages.

JamesO

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
I agree about it being a bad cartrige.

Check with where you bought it. They should be able to replace it or give you information about how to go about getting a new one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HP PSC1610 D-E-S-T-R-O-Y-S color cartridge

IndicaSativa said:
Hello folks, I just bought a new printer, the HP PSC 1610 all in one. I installed it and it worked fine, I aligned it and printed a few pages off, then when I turned it on the next day, it says theres an error with the right print cartridge and to remove it and check it. I have removed and checked it several times and it all seems to be fine to me. . I don't know why I am getting this error? The printer and cartridges are all brand new out of the box!
Hi!
A very messy thing from HP!

I think HP had a real problem with the All-In-One PSC1610! I am from Europe and bought this printer some months ago. I contacted the hp-support (http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl). Seems that with the older version of the PSC1610, the printer destroys the color cartridges! Cartridges of its own company! My printer destroyed already 2 cartridges!
Be careful!
You need to download a patch (HpPsc1600_Uni_FwPatch2.exe) from hp-homepage first, connect your printer (with the destroyed cartridge in it) and install the update of the All-In-One software. Then you can install a new cartridge. The support told me that I will receive a new cartridge, so you should also contact them and try to get a new one!
The advantage: you can not copy anymore, as soon as the cartridge does not work. But you can still scan, and you can print black/white as soon as you remove the color cartridge! (that makes b/w copies possible, but takes more time :cool: )

hope I could help someone,
Jack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.