Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My printer isnt printing at the proper speed. It wont seem to print, and it is able to print one page in every 4 minutes (this is on econo fast).

It never used to be this way, but what is going on here? I tried to fix it, but it just wont seem to print properly any more. Could it be the ink, since we have to put in new black ink.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Inkjet printers rely on the computer to print. Faster computers can yield faster printouts and vice versa. Of course, slapping your 10 year-old HP Desktop 530C onto an AMD 64 X2 4700+ won't turn it into a speed demon, but it still can make some difference. Try reinstalling your printer drivers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just reinstalled my drivers and it still wont seem to print properly. It lags in printing properly (when asked to print, it grabs the paper and it wont start printing till 2 minutes later).

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Ctrl, Alt, Del

How many active processes?
What is the typical CPU load?
How much memory is installed in the machine?

You may have some resource issues??

Also what are you trying to print? PDF, Word documents or pictures and graphic intensive items?

JamesO

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
actually I'm trying to print, copy, and get the fax print out, and all print out slowly. I know it isnt the computer itself, because its running just fine. I know that there is something wrong with the printer itself. The printer is not wanting to print at the normal speed. It prints at very very slow speeds.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I normally have about 44 active processes

I'm unsure about what you mean about the CPU Load but I know that my CPU is a Pentium 4 2.0 GHz.

Memory is about 256 DDR

I'm really only trying to print anything and every thing.

I dont know about how fast it prints normally, but I know that printing has become to the point where printing is taking almost an hour for a few pages.

I dont know how to power cycle my printer.

Same goes for resetting the printer.

I've installed the firmware 2 times before you sent the link, so that isnt the problem.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Ctrl, Alt, Del. Cick on the Performance tab. Look at the PF Usage graph.

If you are running XP and any anti-virus, I usually find 256 MB of RAM is not enough. If you are low on physical RAM, this may cause many of your applications to run slower than they should.

Overall, 44 active processes sounds typical, however, I would see how much physical RAM is available. If your display draws from top to bottom at times, you are short on physical RAM.

JamesO

·
Registered
3 Posts
My printer isnt printing at the proper speed. It wont seem to print, and it is able to print one page in every 4 minutes (this is on econo fast).

It never used to be this way, but what is going on here? I tried to fix it, but it just wont seem to print properly any more. Could it be the ink, since we have to put in new black ink.
It could be that you are actually seeing your computer getting slower and this is the rate you are feeding the printer. Hook it directly to the phone line, Take the computer off the printer. Shut the printer down and power it up and have a friend sent you a fax.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.