Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang,

I currently have this setup: HP 620 Laptop
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
HP Officejet 6310Xi
IE11 Version V11.0.9600.19463
Product ID: 00150-20000-00003-AA459
Update Versions: 11.0.145 (KB4516046)

Recently my IE10 had automatically updated to IE11 unknown to me.
I went into settings and found that the option to update automatically
update box was checked. I normally don't like anything to update
that way. Anyway, I found that mm printer won't work. I usually click
on the HP Solution Center shortcut on my desktop to print. When I
tried it today, all I got was a box with an exclaimation point in it. I believe
that it is because my printer needs Adobe Flash Player to work and IE11
doesn't support Flash.
I thought about trying to uninstall IE11, but when I go to Control Panel, Programs,
uninstall a program, IE11 isn't shown. With all prior versions of IE, they would appear.
I have no System Restore Backups. Is there a way to get it to work. I was thinking of
doing a factory reset and making sure that i wasn't connected to the Internet until
turning off the auto update in the older IE. I really don't want to go into the expense
of a new laptop w/Windows 10 as this old laptop does everything I need it to do.

Sorry for the long story.

Tnx in Advance for any help and suggestions you can give me,

James The Greek

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi are you saying printer doesn't print at all? so if you bring up a document and try printing it doesn't print?
Hi Mike,

Tnx for the quick reply. As I said, after I click on the Hp Solution Center on my desktop,a box appears on the screen with a yellow ! (exclaimation point). In the past, what would come up is my printer options where I
could select the pages I wanted to print, whether to print with color cartridge or just the black ink cartridge and
how many copies I wanted. Again, this only started after the update to IE11 happened. Apparently it seems that
Microsoft didn't want to give Win7 users a way to revert back to an older IE version. If I go to the program folder, there is an Internet Explorer folder. When I open it, there is no uninstall file in it.

James The Greek

·
Premium Member
41,313 Posts
Go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. In the Device Manager, are there any yellow flags next to devices? If it is your HP Printer, then download the latest driver from the HP Website for your model
We also suggest your upgrade to Windows 10, it's still free. You may need to reinstall the Printer Driver again. If it asks, you can use your Window 7 Product key on the sticker on the bottom of the laptop upgrade to Windows 10

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. In the Device Manager, are there any yellow flags next to devices? If it is your HP Printer, then download the latest driver from the HP Website for your model
We also suggest your upgrade to Windows 10, it's still free. You may need to reinstall the Printer Driver again. If it asks, you can use your Window 7 Product key on the sticker on the bottom of the laptop upgrade to Windows 10
Hi Spunk.Funk,

Thanks for your suggestions. I did what you said and there are no yellow flags. I regularly use HP Support Assistant to check for updates and there aren't any. I attribute this to the fact that the laptop and printer are both
8-10 years old. I am not really interested in upgrading to win 10. If I wanted to do do that I would get a new laptop
and printer, but I am self employed and business is down 90% due to the covid-19 epidemic and the funds aren't
there. It sounds I will have to bite the bullet and do a factory restore on the laptop as I had previously explained.

·
Premium Member
41,313 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would uninstall printer and all software for printer and then reinstall printer and software. My computer is 13 years old and runs windows 10 just fine.
Hi Mike,

I tried to run the HP Support Assistant earlier today and it also showed the yellow ! error and woudn't run. To reinterate, I am not interested in upgrading to Win 10. The HP Support Assistant must also rely on Flash to be present in order for it to work. I'm not a computer guru and I resent being forced to update,upgrade or to have to purchase new computer,laptop & printer,when, what I had was able to do what I wanted over all these years.

Thanks for your response

James The Greek

·
Premium Member
41,313 Posts
I reiterate, please do not use HP Support Assistant to upgrade your printer software and driver. Manually go to HP Support link provided and download the latest version of HP Support Assistant and Driver for your printer.
You can resent all you like about not upgrading your computer, but just like XP before it, Windows 7 is vulnerable to attack because it is not being updated any longer. Windows 7 Will shortly not be able to get online, because IE11 is no longer supported and neither is Windows 7, soon other browsers won't work either. However, If you don't go online, Windows 7 will last forever in the state it is in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts