Tech Support banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is a printer or network connection. I have a HP Officejet 6800 on a Wi-Fi connection. Periodically, when we go to print, we find that the printer is disconnected. I use the WPS connection method, which works find, but I have no idea why this is happening. Any thoughts:? The router is part of a Comcast Gatewway modem/router device within 8 feet of the printer. We are on Windows 10.

·
Registered
BSOD Analyst Student at Sysnative com
227 Posts
My 2 cents.
I'm sorry to say, I fought this with my Mom's HP Wireless printer for a year. I tried everything from firmware updates, drivers, scheduled task to wake it up, nothing worked.
There is no way in the HP driver or firmware setting to turn that hard sleep off.
I'm not saying your problem is the same but whew was it a pain in the ***.

We ended up getting a HL-2340D Brother wireless printer and have not had a problem since.

·
Game Team Tech
938 Posts
are you using the hp smart app on windows 10?

I have a hp envy printer used to work fine, then I upgraded the router the printer wouldn't work found out my router was dual band which the printer didn't like.

so I turned off the 5ghz in the router settings now my printer connects no problem.

·
Registered
227 Posts
are you using the hp smart app on windows 10?

I have a hp envy printer used to work fine, then I upgraded the router the printer wouldn't work found out my router was dual band which the printer didn't like.

so I turned off the 5ghz in the router settings now my printer connects no problem.
This is just an opinion and not an intended argument but one should not have to turn off an often needed function of a router in order to make a printer work. I use the 5Ghz band at my house.

·
Registered
227 Posts
This is not just an opinion this was from hp support, it says it won't work on the 5ghz network!!
No, I meant it was my own opinion not that what you were saying is an opinion. Sorry for the miswording.

I understand it won't work on 5Ghz some electronics only support 2.4 Ghz. What I'm saying is I or anyone should not have to "turn off" a function in a router to make a printer work.

I have a handful of older electronics that only support 2.4Ghz. I also have a handful that supports both frequencies. I prefer to use both so as not to crowd one spectrum. Plus the 5Ghz opens up a ton more channels to choose from to optimize bandwidth. HP needs to get its crap together regarding their wireless line of printers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts