Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had massive problems with our HP 2510 PhotoSmart all-in-one wireless printer! It keeps causing system crashes so extensive that I have had to reload the operating systems about 10 times in the past year. I get a DEP error that says Generic Host process for windows 32 has encountered a problem and needs to close and then my computer completely freezes up. I have tried the fixes that HP suggests at their website and I have tried uninstalling the darn thing and I'm still getting the error, so I have to try to erase ALL traces of this printer from my hard drive. Can someone please help me do this. I am an intermediate computer user so I need step by step instructions if someone helps me. When the computer is frist turned on now (it is wireless) I am getting an error that says my computer has found new hardware, a parallel device and when I go in to see what it is, it says C:\\WINDOWS\Sytem32\drivers\HPFECP06.SYS and my computer is acting up big time. HELP!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Try this free Registry Cleaner RegCleaner

Download and installed.

Go to Tools, Registry Cleanup, Do Them All. Let it run, Select All, Remove Selected, Done, Exit.

See if this helps.

HP All-In-One software can be hard to fully remove. If the RegCleaner does not help, go the the HP support site to see if they have steps about removing the software.

JamesO

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Try reinstalling using the Basic Driver package HERE
It doesn't have all the bloatware and you can still network it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.