Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently did a reformat and now my hp photosmart doesnt connect. i try to install the printer and it says the cables arent connected and they are. any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
How are you trying to connect the printer?

USB??

Make sure the printer is not connect via a USB hub when installing the printer software.

Also check under device manager and make sure you USB ports do not have yellow question marks ?

JamesO

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im connecting by usb, no hub. its my friends computer and there mite be question marks what should i do to fix that?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
The key is you stated a recent "format" was performed, I assume this meant the operating system was reloaded from the ground up on this machine. If this is the case, the USB drivers might not be loaded correctly. It is unclear if the USB is onboard or a PCI expansion card? If the USB is onboard, then the drivers would be from either the motherboard supplier or the machine supplier. If the USB is a PCI card, the PCI card supplier would have the drivers.

If there is a yellow question mark under the Harware Device Manager, you need to load/reload the USB drivers. Does anything work on USB at the moment? Mouse, keyboard, flash drive?

JamesO

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes currently things work on usb. we have tried a usb drive and it does work. where can i get the drivers from? any ideas?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.