Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the power jack on my Ze4800 is broken again. a couple months ago i replaced the original power jack after looking for ways to fix the oringal and now the new one is broken. and while i was looking for a way to fix it, i came across a thread on this site talking about hp's power jacks that break alot and that there was a power cord that plugs into the keyboard(ps/2) port(or usb or something)? but i can't find the thread anymore. I was wondering if anyone had any information on it, or another way to fix the problem?

thanks,
FrEaK44

· Registered
5 Posts
You can try the repair again several ways. 1. You can just replace the jack again and again. 2. you can buy a regular power jack and find a spot on the side of the laptop wherre it won't interfere with anything internally and install a brand new jack there. This will also require that you cut the tip off of your power supply and replace it with a new tip that will mate with your new jack. You can also install a pig-tial, wires coming through the side of your laptop to an external jack and apply some heat shrink to make it a bit nicer to look at.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.