Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone shed some light on a problem I have.
I get no output from lcd or inverter but it works ok on external CRT.
There is 20v at the inverter,5v trigger and the fuses are all ok.There seems to be no data going to the lcd.
HEEEEELPP!!! :z:

·
Registered
96 Posts
See if there is a F key that says CRT/LCD.
If there is hit the fn key and that F? key a couple of times. 3 times at the most.

Many laptops have the ability to run the lcd and a monitor at the same time or one or the other.

Be sure to try it wil the monitor attached

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem with zd7230us

I'm having the exact same problem with the HP Pavilion zd7230us. It works fine connected to an external monitor. Hitting the "Display switch" button does the normal thing when connected to an external monitor (switches between main display and secondary display), but the laptop monitor is still blank. I checked the connections between the monitor and the base and they look ok, but I didn't take apart the display assembly. I would be comfortable replacing the display or some other part in my laptop, but I would like to know which part is the likely culprit, so I don't waste a few hundred dollars on a display that wasn't really the problem in the first place. Thanks for your help.

Thomas

·
Registered
96 Posts
ok, if the fn & F? dont work. Place the laptop in a well lit area and boot it up. Look closely at the screen. If you can see the manufacturer splash screen even though it is very dim. That is an indication of the inverter possibly being bad. But,If you see any change on screen like a ring of light, then its not the inverter and the problem is elsewhere

One other possibility would be the lcd cable connections. they need to be checked. I do not recommend you try this unless you are comfortable disassembling your laptop. Take it to a shop who knows laptops.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.