Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The light indicating it is charging comes on 1-2 sec and goes off, I can make it repeat the charge by unpluging the power supply and plugging it back in,
over and over again 1-2sec on and off.
any ideas? I changed the power supply and dc power jack.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Its the female jack in the motherboard, I have one of those same laptops and they are known for it, you can buy a new one off ebay for around 6 bucks, but its a little time consuming getting to the position on the motherboard so you can solder the new one on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to clarify, do you mean each time you plug in the ac adapter, laptop charging LED will light up 1-2 secs then turns OFF? Does it ever charge the battery (even if LED is off)? Are you using original/genuine HP AC adapter? Have you tried another battery (for testing)?
Yes 1-2sec then turns off. Battery will charge if I keep doing it many many
times, The adapter is not HP original , suppose to be compatible. Im going to
try a new battery next. thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its the female jack in the motherboard, I have one of those same laptops and they are known for it, you can buy a new one off ebay for around 6 bucks, but its a little time consuming getting to the position on the motherboard so you can solder the new one on.
I did exactly what you say a week ago , and I got a new ac power supply (the old one was doing the same thing). Ok, I guess the a new Battery is next . Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is NOT the "female jack". I just went through the trouble of changing mine after 2 days of reading posts on the topic. I figured I'd address the most common problem first. Unfortunately I'm getting the same behavior - the blinking lightning LED, and NO power at all when the battery is out but the adapter is in. I suspect it is deeper than the adapter, jack, possibly a component on the motherboard, I read in another post it may be the voltage regulator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.