Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have had my HP Pavilion dv-7 laptop for just over a year now, and all has been fine up until the past month or so.

Basically, whenever I'm using the laptop it freezes for seemingly no reason with whatever program I happen to be using at the time saying that it is 'not-responding'. After 10 seconds or so, it unfreezes and I can continue using it. But then it does it again...and so on. What's strange is that it seems to be that the particular program I am using at the time is freezing, and I can use other things that happen to be open at the time (not all the time, sometimes the whole laptop just doesn't respond).

I thought it may be a heat problem, but I can't see why it would start responding again if it was too hot. I have also checked the CPU temperatures and everything seems normal.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated! Need my laptop for uni!

Thanks in advance,

KieH22

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi,

Try running checkdisk repair and see if that helps. Boot the computer to your windows xp cd and in the main menu, click on "R" for repair. Then the computer will take you to the windows recovery console screen when you come upon the screen where it says select your operating system, choose "1" for c:\windows.

Then the computer will ask for an admin password but if you don't have any, simply hit enter to skip the process. Then in the prompt c:\windows> type in "chkdsk /r" and make sure there is a space between chkdsk and /r. Hope this helps you out, good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.