Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm looking for a solution to a problem I'm having with a HP Pavilion dv5000 laptop. The problem I'm having is that it will not boot to Windows XP but instead boots back to a black screen that displays:

safe mode
safe mode with networking
safe mode with command prompt

last known configuration...

and

boot up the normal way.

When I tried to boot up the normal way it goes back to the black screen again as well when trying to boot using safe mode. I also tried to boot using using last known configuration but it displays a message indicating that windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:

\WINDOWS\system32\config\SYSTEM

and you can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows Setup using original Setup CD-ROM.

I have tried that several times and got the same corrupt message \WINDOWS\system32\config\SYSTEM and also done complete reformat of the drive, changed harddrives, and ran several boot options to scan computer for hardware problems. I still have a black screen and not a clue to what is causing this problem.

I have read several forums with similiar problems but no real solution to how to solve it. I really need a "Super IT" to done his cape and please help me and others with this problem. :upset:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rich,

I've ran a hard drive diagnostic and found know errors and I also have replaced the hard drive and gotten the (black screen) same results.

It is really fustrating because it seems to be no solution to this problem.

Thanks for your support.

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.