Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i installed 1gig of memory into my HP pavilion A220N. IT booted up fine and all the apps open, but i have graphic gliches all over the screen... sometimes it will clear up but most times it stays. I reinstalled the old memory and it still does the same thing. I checked the monitor on another pc and it is fine. i took my radeon 9800 out and used the on board video card and nothing changes. i rebooted the computer and unpluged it several times.... and restarted, still the same. I looked in the bios and did not see any settings to change. the screen had gliches all over even in the bios . also in safe mode, it is the same with the gliches. the new memory is two 512 sticks of ddr sdram 333mhz ,pc 2700. i checked the specs, they are correct memory for my computer. Does HP require memory specifically made for thier particular machine? i saw some sites say that but i thought it was just a marketing technique. i have changed ram and video cards and drives for many years, so i am fairly knowledgeable in computer matters.. any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
It doesn't matter where you get the memory from (I own a Pavilion). Just make sure it is the right type for your board.

Your problem sounds similar to one I had a week ago. No matter what I did, the screen was distorted, and even ended up bluescreening on me. I ended up unplugging the main power connector from the motherboard for a few seconds, which oddly enough, solved the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, but....

it did clear up after i unpluged and repluged the main power cord to the motherboard. So, i thought I would reinstall the new memory and see what happened, well it worked fine for about 15 min and then went back to the graphic gliches on the screen. So, I unpluged the main power cord and repluged it but it would never clear up...I think they might have sent me the wrong memory for my pc or something.. im sending it back and will live with 512 memory for a little longer.. thanks...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.