Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an HP Pavilion 6573Z that I bought with no OS or hard drive. Using both a 4.3GB Quantum Fireball, and a 8.0GB Fujitsu hard drive, I have attempted to install each Windows 98SE and Windows XP Professional (obviously not at the same time). I ran into the errors listed below.

Windows 98SE - The machine will boot from the CD, and will proceed to the point where the screen displays "Inspecting your computer's hardware configuration.....Copying files needed for Windows Setup" and then it will freeze. The CD-Rom simply stops running. I know the install disk is a good one, and so is the optical drive, since I have used both successfully before.

Windows XP - Boots from CD, and proceeds to the point of copying the Kernel Debugger DLL, and then it will stop and give the following error "setupdd.sys not found...Error Code is 4" (Same error was found using another copy of the installation disk)

Now, I have heard the HP's are notorious for troublesome settings in their BIOS. Is there some setting I can change that will allow the system to install the OS? I am truly puzzled by this. I am not exactly a newbie. I have installed many OS's on many second hand systems, and I have never run into an issue I could not resolve on my own. Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.