Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya I have a pavilion 512n and it is suppossed to have a 512 mb capacity with only 2 slots available so it came with 128 mb I decided I wanted to upgrade it and bought 2-256mb rams but when I put them in the computer would crash after hours of hp instant support they said the BIOS needed upgrading and so I have tried repeatedly to upgrade my greenland bios but when it starts updating it gives me a error message like file not found and will not take the upgrade. I have checked my bios and it shows a max capacity of 1 256mb slot and 1 128mb slot which is not what I was told when I bought the computer over 3 years ago so now HP will not fix it and says something else is wrong but one of the techs told me it was a known motherboard issue. If it is a "known issues" they say they know nothing about it so I need help updating my bios or finding proof this is a known HP issue to present to these :dead: . I would really appreciate any help I can get on this issue oh ya the ram has been tested and is fine.

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
check the bios file for a readme and see if there are any special instructions,if none have a look where you d/l it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.