Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HP m1195c keeps freezing for about 10sec every now and then for no apparent reason,sometimes the sound disappears sometimes not and HP could not find the problem over the phone,we ran every test possible and no bad results uploaded all new drivers and still no positive result.This machine has done this since the first day I had it and the one I bought two days before at Sams and took back to get this one did the same thing.
Anybody have any solutions or same problem and solved it.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I just picked up this M1195C desktop and got the same problem with the intermitten freezing. I did the following but still M1195C freezes:

Replaced 300W fan with 430w fan.
Disable BIOS - Multithreating,XD
Swapped HDs
System recovery
Compete fresh XP media install
Disabled WIA.
Disables restore points.
Re-established cache drive
Installed 85 XP updates from MSFT.

Next steps I was going to try:
Change video card:
Loading LINUX
Tossing the $^#$&#$)*&#* PC out the window for I spent 3 days straight on this job!!!!

Were you able to resolve the problem?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have two m1195c computers that were purchased at the same time. One has had this same random freezing problem since I first got it...the other has never once done this. I have checked all the hardware and software on both computers, and the only difference I can find between them is the DVD-RW drives. The computer that freezes has a Lite-on DVDRW SOHW-832S. Several months ago I upgraded the firmware for this drive, and I noticed that the computer wasn't freezing anymore.... that is until a couple days ago. All of a sudden it began freezing again. I've tried upgrading the firmware again, but it didn't help. If anyone has any clue what is going on, I would love to know. The freezing is driving me nuts!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.