Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sony vaio desktop, AMD Duron, windows ME. The computer is networked with serveral others with the Sony driving the HP printer. Never had a problem before until recently. The printer would go into error 22 when trying to print from any computer on the network including the Sony. It would print only a portion of the document or not print at all. Pressing the continue button does not help, it just goes back into error 22. Larger files are more troublesome. My gut feeling is something with the network settings is causing the problem. Please help, Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
WINTEK, welcome to the forums !!!!!
this might be a port issue so what you can try is go into your bios and put LPT port in another mode, other than EPP or LCP...just try different modes...also make sure that the printer cable is in place and not damaged...if possible test it out with another cable. Aldough driver might not be an issue, try downloading a new one from their website. Also you can try directly connecting your printer to one of the other pc's on the network, and try printing....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input. I've checked all cables. They are OK. There is nothing sharing the parallel port. And one thing I forgot to mention is that I tried connecting the printer to another computer configured as a local default printer and it works fine. Now the problem happened gradually. One day it just stopped on error 22 and by pressing continue it would work fine. As time went by (approx 1-2 weeks) it got worse. It would go into error every sec or so or immediately after pressing continue. Now it won't even print a page or it would print only a portion of it. Any ideas? Thanks again.

·
Global Moderator
51,638 Posts
Did you visit the HP site? I did a search on "Laserjet 4P error 22", and here's a couple of references. I think the first one seems to address your problem, but obviously I can't be sure.

one

Laserjet Error Codes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.