Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have a HP Laserjet 1200 which printed with smudges and ghost text a few lines down. In an attempt to correct this, I installed a new toner cartridge. I had difficulty opening the toner door completely; it stuck about half-way opened. I opened the left and right panels to see if I could loosen the old cartridge, and something snapped (probably a plastic clip) when I forced the right panel open. Opening the panels didn't help, and I closed them. Eventually, after applying some pressure, I opened the toner door all of the way and replaced the toner. Now the printer doesn't work. The yellow light just flashes. Replacing the old toner cartridge doesn't help. I still have the same blinking yellow light problem. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's no power button on this printer. First, I tried to open the toner door with the printer plugged in, and I couldn't open it all of the way. Then, I pulled the plug, tried to open the door all of the way, and the same problem occurred. Finally, I jiggled the door and applied some more pressure.

In response to your suggestion, I pulled the plug, and opened the toner door. The cartridge didn't move from side to side, but, I don't think it's supposed to move in the Laserjet 1200 because there isn't any room for it to go anywhere. Anyway, I closed the door and I still have the same problem; the yellow light blinks.

Thanks for your response.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.