Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I have a HP Laserjet 1200 which printed with smudges and ghost text a few lines down. In an attempt to correct this, I installed a new toner cartridge. I had difficulty opening the toner door completely; it stuck about half-way opened. I opened the left and right panels to see if I could loosen the old cartridge, and something snapped (probably a plastic clip) when I forced the right panel open. Opening the panels didn't help, and I closed them. Eventually, after applying some pressure, I opened the toner door all of the way and replaced the toner. Now the printer doesn't work. The yellow light just flashes. Replacing the old toner cartridge doesn't help. I still have the same blinking yellow light problem. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Hello and Welcome to TSF,

Was the printer on when you FORCED opened the toner door?

Note: The proper way was to open the door and then turn the printer on so that you can access the cartridge or cartridges usually.

Tip: (never force things when it comes to pc`s or devices, usually will break them for sure as not to work anymore at all).

Ok try this: With printer off, open the toner door all of the way, now turn the printer on
let it adjust the cartridge (it should move back and forth once or twice) when its finished
moving, close the door. It will readjust again hopefully.
If this didnt fix the problem then you will need to take the printer to a shop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's no power button on this printer. First, I tried to open the toner door with the printer plugged in, and I couldn't open it all of the way. Then, I pulled the plug, tried to open the door all of the way, and the same problem occurred. Finally, I jiggled the door and applied some more pressure.

In response to your suggestion, I pulled the plug, and opened the toner door. The cartridge didn't move from side to side, but, I don't think it's supposed to move in the Laserjet 1200 because there isn't any room for it to go anywhere. Anyway, I closed the door and I still have the same problem; the yellow light blinks.

Thanks for your response.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.