Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure of what the technical name is but my laptop will not come on due to the switch(?) on the keyboard that causes the computer to go into a sleep mode when the cover is closed. When the laptop cover is closed there is a little thingamajiggie (sorry, cant think of a name for it) on the top of the keyboard that compresses downward when the cover closes to put the computer in sleepmode. When I opened it up the other day, couldn't figure out why it would not come on and then pulled up on the switch and the screen would come on. As soon as I let go of it, the computer would go into sleep mode. My wife was pulling up on it to try and tape (don't laugh) it up so that it would stay on and broke the switch. Question is, what is the switch called and how easy/hard is it to replace? Sorry for the drawn out explanation but didn't know any other way to explain. Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
While this isn't a MAJOR malfunction, it is bad. All i can say is call HP and have them fix it. Its probably impossible to fix. Sorry if im not any more help :sigh: :eek: :4-dontkno

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.