Tech Support banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have been trying to restore my keyboard and touch screen that stopped working on a 15" HP laptop 15-bs0xx,with an intel core i5-72900 cpu,2.50G-2.70Ghz,64 bit operating system ,windows 10 home.Version 2004 os build 19401.985.My touchpad and mouse keys work,I was able to switch to the on-screen keyboard and type with the mouse,and i am currently using a usb keyboard .I have installed the latest updates.A similar issue happened a couple years ago an it was because the drivers failed to load after the update.I do not know how to check that to see if it happened again. I have tried an online windows reinstallation, no change tho.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,962 Posts
Try the Troubleshooter. Type Troubleshoot in Start Menu. Settings and then select additional ones. Run Keyboard. Make sure you've turned on Touch Screen for the other problem.

·
Premium Member
41,909 Posts
Press the Windows key+X and choose Device Manager. If any devices here have Yellow flags next to them, they need drivers installed. You can go to the HP site for your model and download the drivers there

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your quick reply, my dialog box at the bottom of the screen accessed by clicking the magnifying glass image has stopped opening. I went to settings and typed in touchscreen and got no results message!

·
28,962 Posts
If you can open the Start Menu, Type Troubleshooter there. Don't worry if you can't see it. Just start typing. It should come up.
Let's shoot for keyboard first.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
apparently,since i did a windows reinstall online, touchscreen does not appear on the list of device manager under human interface devices.

·
28,962 Posts
Device Manger>Scan for Hardware Changes>>>>>>>View>Show Hidden Devices

·
Registered
2 Posts
The first solution to try is to reboot the entire computer, turn off and on the touch screen. You can also Uninstall recently installed programs as some programs cause system problems and that could be the reason for the touch screen malfunction.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts