Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an HP Pavilion zv6000, just got it a few months ago. It runs windows XP, I've got an AMD Athlon 64 3800+, 2 GB ram. It has bluescreened constantly since the day I got it, sometimes every other day, sometimes like three times in one day. Sometimes it's been running for 10 minutes, others it has been running for a few hours. I am doing an assortment of things when it happens - chatting, listening to music, photoshop, using 3ds max...it is never consistent. Sometimes I get the 'IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL' error, and occasionally I get the 'PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA' error. The microsoft error pages on their website keep saying it's a driver issue - I checked all my drivers, got all signed drivers, but it kept happening. I reformatted my harddrive and reinstalled winXP, but it stiiiill happens. I talked to an HP support guy for a while but there was no success there either. I know this is kind of a vague problem with lots of possibilities, but does anyone know how I can find the source of my bluescreen errors? ..Thanks!

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
welcome to tsf
is this unit under guarrantee still?
did it come with an xp disk or recovery disks?
the device manager has been checked for yellow conflict symbols?
and what spy/virus precautions do you have installed?

post back

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's still under the guarantee, it comes with the XP disks (I have tried reformatting the harddrive and reinstalling winXP once already), I did not see any conflicts in the device manager, and for spy/virus precautions I have the standard windows firewall dealio, Norton Antivirus 2005, and Ad-aware.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
memtest is an easy way of detecting a memory problem
check also for infections
use the link below, and trend micro is a decent on line scanner, i am not a big fan of norton.

dont let the warrantee run out before its fixed
post back

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.