Tech Support banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, so a few months ago I was running a discord.py (an async library) script in a while loop, and my [arch] computer sent me to a blank terminal. I didn't have much of a choice, so I did a manual reboot (pressed the power button until the computer turned off). Now, a few months later, I try pressing windows+V and pressing the power button, and it turns on. I think "Yay, i fixed my computer", and proceed to pull out the power and battery to reboot into arch (still haven't set it as the default in the bios), and it wont boot up again. I've tried everything I can, including hard resetting, can't access the ram due to the back panel not wanting to come off, and checking the power supply, and it's still not booting up, does anyone have any ideas?

IDK what laptop it is, as the model number has been worn off over the years, but based on the chipset, im guessing it's from somewhere around 2012, and has an AMD A8 with integrated graphics, a touchscreen, and is a very distinct shade of red.

EDIT: Also apparently I forgot to mention that it doesnt show any signs of life.
EDIT 2: Why was this moved to the linux forum? this is a hardware issue not a linux issue

·
Premium Member
42,034 Posts
Since Linux is the OS you are trying to boot into, you may ask a nice MOD to move this thread to the Linux forum for better results.
When you power the computer this being an HP Laptop, Can you Press F10 and boot into the Bios? If so, under System Information it should have the Model# or at least the Serial #.
Have you followed these suggestions for booting into ARCH Linux Single User Mode?

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since Linux is the OS you are trying to boot into, you may ask a nice MOD to move this thread to the Linux forum for better results.
When you power the computer this being an HP Laptop, Can you Press F10 and boot into the Bios? If so, under System Information it should have the Model# or at least the Serial #.
Have you followed these suggestions for booting into ARCH Linux Single User Mode?
I guess i forgot to say, but it doesnt show any signs of life, the fan doesnt spin up, the display doesnt turn on, and the lights stay off. So no, unfortunately i cannot boot into the bios to check the model number

·
Premium Member
42,034 Posts
Glad you got it sorted. As you found out, if there is no power, then it is the PSU. OEM's usually put in a cheap PSU that can't handle anything past basic usage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts