Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm not sure if I really have a hardware or a software problem. I didn't find any threads that covered this so...

The laptop will be working smoothly and then quite suddenly restart itself. I get the message "the laptop was not shut down properly" and it goes back to working fine.

I gave it to my IT guy in the chamber but he gave it back to me saying that he hadn't had any time to work on it so I'm looking for any help you might be able to give me to point him in the right direction.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's only happened while on the AC adapter but I don't have to use it on battery very often. I pulled off the bottom cover blowing compressed air through the vents as well as over and under the hard drive. The hard drive seems hot to me but my guy said it didn't seem abnormal.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No problem. Thanks for writing back. I replaced the battery and AC cord because the old battery was showing a lot of wear went from 21% to 34% in the period after I downloaded the CPUID Monitor. When you say under load. I typically get a restart when I have my Outlook open and 10 or 12 open windows (pages) in firefox. It went into hibernation today and told me that it did it because of overheating.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.