Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have a HP deskjet 3900 series printer, it is installed, I have power, and it appears in the printers and faxes folder as ready,however, I am unable to print,

In the services tab, upon checking , I am seeing that the computer is unable to
establish a two way connection with the device.
I have removed, reinstalled software, but with the same result.

I have also noticed in the printer icon that there is a document named serial number job, i tried to delete it , but it is taking forever.
Please help!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What I have done so far
I checked printer USB port by plugging in a flash drive ;flash drive works
I have changed USB cable
I have uninstalled drivers in device manager and shut down
Re booted
Removed and Re- installed HP deskjet from CD
All with the same result

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I restarted the printer spooler, didn't help

What I have done so far
I checked printer USB port by plugging in a flash drive ;flash drive works
I have changed USB cable
I have uninstalled drivers in device manager and shut down
Re booted
Removed and Re- installed HP deskjet from CD
All with the same result

·
Registered
618 Posts
Please go to printers and faxes, choose Add a printer, add local printer, use existing port, choose from the drop down menu, usb virtual port. Choose the driver HP Deskjet 990c, since that driver is the universal driver for all hp printers and continue with the process, try to print if it can print.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not seeing an option USB virtual port, so I connected to LPT1 as before , but still no print, I tried the command prompt instructions to print a test page but that too doesn't work, which indicates that the connection between printer and PC is not there

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have attempted to update drivers in Device Manager,however , the wizard says it cannot find any updates to the drivers already installed.
My Printer successfully prints a test page when I perform the self test , by opening and closing the cover 4 times while the power button is depressed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Masterjed,
Remember previously you advised to choose from the drop down menu, usb virtual port. Well i disconnected the USB cable from the existing port and plugged it in another and BEHOLD my PC recognizes the printer and works normally, upon checking the Device manager I see the port in use is the virtual port.
Thank you very much for your help:pray:, I really appreciate it, this forum rocks:grin: !!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.