Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a new computer with Vista. Can anyone tell me if my HP Officejet 6210 All-In-One is compatible with Vista? I don't want to install it first because it's a hassle to uninstall. It leaves alot of stuff on even though I uninstall. Is it worth just buying a new one that is Vista compatible?
Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
you can always go to www.hp.com. type in model of your printer,and it will bring up some information on it. you want to select drivers and software, i'm going with a yes. you can always download the drivers from the website as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
When I was using Vista (Using the BETA), it automatically installed the drivers for my Deskjet 5440. It should do the same for your all-in-one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I solved a similar issue

I have a HP Officejet 6110 shared from my XP machine. My laptop (Vista) is on the wireless network.

When I installed the printer as a network printer Vista installs it's own driver (which is seriously lacking as no advanced features can be accessed). ...

S-L-O-W , incredibly slow ... like five minutes between pressing the Print button and when the printer pops up then another five before the page starts streaming etc. Literally choked the network.

THEN ... I found the following advice and it has solved the issue.

• Uninstalled the printer
  • Instead of installing it as a network printer choose "Add a local printer".
  • Click on Create a new port.
  • Select "Local Port"
  • Enter the port as the network path "\\computer name\printer name" (viz. "\\My pc\HP Officejet 6110")

It then seems to connect to the printer on the XP machine, locates the drivers there and thus (somehow) installed the XP drivers.
This also means it has the fully functioned drivers instead of the compromises Vista drivers (which has no double sided printing etc).

Hope this helps?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.