Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a HP CD WRITER 9100i. Yesturday I bought some Memorex CD-RW's, but they would work in my drive. All they did was make a clicking sound. I tried to download a firmware update off the site, but it wouldnt let me install it, saying I didnt have the right software found on disk one installed. (witch I do). Anyone know a way I can get these Cd's to work?

:angry2:

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
Welcome to the forums Snowspeeder :D

Ok, First thing we need to do before we go into any detail, and to avoid wasting time, The first thing I want you to do is to uninstall and re-install the software.

Da Tru Masta

S

·
0 Posts
I have seen some burners that just don't like some brands of CD's.

If all others work and just this brand doesn't then that's the way it is.

Have you checked HP's site for any software updates?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I already have uninstalled and reinstalled the softweare 4 times, still the same error message. Right now Im running MyCd v2.3 and Direct Cd (i dont know the version) but its all the software that came with the cd. It just will not install the firmware update. And some time the cd will pick up but most of the time it doesnt. So I dont know.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ok, how about you try downloading the trial version of Roxio CD Creator 5, and try that...............I know the software allready came with your comp, but it may not be compatible with your OS....

It also could be what SPEEDO Said about Some burners not liking some cd brands.

Any how, try downloading the trial of the sw mentioned above, and let us know.

Best Regards,

DaTruMasta

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I dont think it coul be that either. Because I have Nero 5 Easy Cd Creator 5 and CDRWIN. Its just that the drive litteraly will not pick up a cd. All it does it click's about 5 times, the the light just goes off. Doesnt even reconises that the cd is in the drive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only, litterlay only, brand that will work for mine are the Hp brand then maxell, out of Memorex, panisonic, sony, and about 4 others.

S

·
0 Posts
Try one of those CD Drive cleaners! The one with a little brush attached to the CD. The one I have is made by Endust and it's usually one of the last things I try when I have a problem.

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Maybe the speed of the CDR's that you bought aint compadable
with the speed of your CDR drive. Like mine is 8x4x32 so mine
writes at 8x so I can't use CDR's that are 10x or 12x because
there not compadable. What is the speed of your CDR drive and
whats the speed on the label on you CDR CD's. That can be the
problem...........

S

·
0 Posts
Like mine is 8x4x32 so mine writes at 8x so I can't use CDR's that are 10x or 12x
This is not true you can use any CDR's that are equal to the speed of your burner or faster.

I burn with a 32 speed burner with 48X Cd's..............:winkgrin:

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Oh sh1t I did not know that. See you learn something new every
day......:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.